Quinoa Poke Bowl
"Fermented foods are missing in our modern
western diet and today we have an
all time high percentage of gut related diseases!" - Sunita
Makes 1 large mason jar
1 napa cabbage, wash, drained and cut crosswise into 2 inch chunks
1/2 medium daikon radish, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
2T Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
1/2 cup water
2 green onions sliced into 2 inch lengths
3 cloves garlic shredded/minced
1T grated ginger
1T Korean chili powder (available at Korean stores)
2T coconut sugar or natural sweetener of your choice
1. Place the cabbage and daikon pieces in a large mixing bowl
2. In a separate small bowl, mix salt in water and dissolve. Pour over the vegetables. Wear disposab...
Summer is all about taking off some time, relaxing and spending time with your loved ones. While traveling, lots of people struggle with continuing their healthy eating habits and snack on unhealthy options.
We made a list for you with amazing snacks that are great for you and super easy to pack for those long plane rides and road trips.
1. Gluten-free Crackers
4. Tea bags (your favorite)
5. Green powders
6. Bee Pollen
7. Nut Brittle
8. Fruits & Veggie Sticks
9. Sprouted Nuts & Seeds seasoned/spiced to your taste
10. Dried fruits
Enjoy your summer and your healthy snacks!
For questions email me firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the American Heart Association, heart disease is the number one killer of women in the USA. February is the Heart Health month and that’s why we have dedicated our blog post of the month to heart health.
10 Tips for a Healthy Heart:
1. Get enough sleep! Recommended are 7-8hrs of sleep and studies have proven that being asleep before midnight benefits your sleep and your health.
2. Eat the good fats! Our favorite sources: coconuts, nuts, avocados and seeds
3. Move! Incorporate at least 30 minutes of activity daily. Go for a walk, run or take a fun workout class. Pick something that is fun for you, it makes it a lot easier and you will feel amazing after.
4. Eat nutrient dense fo...
Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
What is Valentines Day without Chocolate? We have you covered with this easy fun easy recipe to make for your loved one...;)
3-4T cacao powder
6T cacao butter, melted
3T maple syrup
3/4t vanilla extract
pinch Himalayan pink salt
1 Box of Strawberries
1. Use a hand whisk to whisk all the ingredients in a bowl except the cacao powder. Add cacao powder slowly, whisking till fully combined and smooth consistency.
2. Attach toothpicks to the ends of strawberries and dip into chocolate sauce. Garnish with chopped nuts and put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
Raw cacao is one of the most powerful antioxidants on the planet! Rich...
Savory Mung Sprouts
1 cup sprouted mung
1/2 red onion chopped
1/4 cup coriander leaves rough chopped
1T olive oil or coconut oil
1t lemon or lime juice
1/2t grated ginger
1/2t Himalayan pink salt
1/4t roasted cumin powder or cumin powder
1 red or green chilli chopped (optional)
1 shredded carrot (optional)
1/8 cup shredded coconut (optional)
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and let it marinate for 10 minutes. Garnish with seasonal fruits, coriander leaves and avocado. I used jackfruit in the photo above as it was on our Bali Retreat.
How to Sprout Mung:
Soak 1 cup mug beans overnight. Rinse and drain well then leave in a colander covered with a light moist cloth. It will ...
We have all been there, a new year is ahead of us and we are determined that we are finally going to change all our bad habits once the new year kicks in. But then, after one or two weeks, it gets to overwhelming and we fall back into our old habits.
We’ve come up with our top 10 picks to stay healthier in 2017, and instead of changing everything radically, try to incorporte one or two at a time and once you’ve formed those into a habit, you can move on to the next one. Research has shown that it takes anywhere from 18 to 254 days to form a new habit.
Follow our Top 10 Picks:
1. Avoid sodas, they add unnecessary sugar to your diet and inches to your waistline!
2. Stay hydrated! Drin...
This time of the year is supposed to be the most beautiful time of the year, but for a lot of people, it turns into the most stressful time of the year. Here are our 10 go-to's to enjoy the most beautiful time of the year.
1.Look at your goals for the year, it is not too late to make course corrections and end the year on a good note
2. Clear the clutter from the year, whether it is clothes or papers
3. Clear the refrigerator and replace with fresh produce
4. Restock your pantry with fresh ingredients that will fuel you
5. Make weekly menu plans to keep you on track
6. Shop for groceries according to your menu plan
7. Take some time on the weekend to make some staples like salad dressings, crackers...
Your brain is your biggest asset! If you don't keep your mind active, studies show that your brain loses some of its functionality as you age, which causes memory loss, brain fog and even Alzeheimer's.
Here are 10 Brain Boosting Foods & Activities to feed your brain:
1. Coconut Oil
2. Bee Pollen
3. Hemp Seeds
4. Oily Fish
6. Play games/puzzles that challenge and stimulate your mind
8. Listening to music
9. Exercise regulary
10. Get enough sleep to reset the brain
Please email us questions, a health concern or topics you would like to see in this section.
Watermelon Popsicle (makes 6 popsicles)
1/2 medium watermelon cut into chucks (seedless are better for this)
small handful of mint (optional)
1t lime juice
pinch Himalayan pink salt
1t coconut butter
Blend all the above till smooth consistency and pour into popsicle moulds.
Freeze for a few hours and enjoy!