We have all been there, a new year is ahead of us and we are determined that we are finally going to change all our bad habits once the new year kicks in. But then, after one or two weeks, it gets to overwhelming and we fall back into our old habits.
We’ve come up with our top 10 picks to stay healthier in 2017, and instead of changing everything radically, try to incorporte one or two at a time and once you’ve formed those into a habit, you can move on to the next one. Research has shown that it takes anywhere from 18 to 254 days to form a new habit.
Follow our Top 10 Picks:
1. Avoid sodas, they add unnecessary sugar to your diet and inches to your waistline!
2. Stay hydrated! Drink eight 8-ounce glasses a day. We often mistake thirst for hunger.
3. Eat more vegetables and fruits every day! Try to eat a variety not the same. Eat the colours of the rainbow to get all your nutrients in.
4. Avoid fast food and processed food, they are loaded with sugar and preservatives.
5. Do a Cleanse/Detox once every season to rid the body of toxins and kick start the body into vibrant health!
6. Include at least 50% raw vegetables and fruits into your everyday lifestyle.
7. Exercise everyday for 30 minutes.
8. Get some sun everyday, 10-15 minutes to get your daily dose of vitamin D.
9. Take time to do the things you love everyday!
10. Lastly, live, love, laugh and enjoy yourself! You have just one life to live!!!
Another important part is goal setting and control. It’s important to know why you want to do something, and more important to have a vision of the end result. But most important, to hold yourself accountable! Start a journal and check in at least once a week to write down your progress or your struggles. This can help you to reach your goals and form them into a habit.
The honest truth is that you can blame nobody but yourself to get there. The buck stops with you and only you. Try a different approach this year and make it your best year yet!
Below are some inspirations for goal setting:
1. What if you could be in the best shape of your life, no matter how old you are?
2. What if you were in an amazing relationship?
3. What would your ideal life look like?
4. Do you get joy by helping, serving and making an impact in other people's life?